Before you get to know me, I want you to know my two-part mission for this blog:
- First, to lift up independent, self-published, and traditionally-published female writers who are trying to make a living — or at least have fun — doing what they love; and
- To document my own journey as a novelist and blogger.
Hey, lady! My name is Meghan. I’m a wife, writer, and compulsive reader. (Tell me you wouldn’t rather be curled up with a cup of coffee and an Emily Giffin novel right now. You can’t, can you?)
Welcome to The Lady in Read: a home for women who read, write, and want to be read.
I created this blog because I truly believe that we rise by lifting others. I don’t know who said it first, but it’s a pretty good motto.
I’ve been writing for over a decade. I’ve had articles, blog posts, poems, and even a poetry chapbook published. My next goal? Novels. I’m working on my first, and as I do, I want to focus not only on my own process, but on others’, too.
This is also a home for you as a writer and reader. This is a place where you can discover new authors and gather tips for your own writing process.
This is also a place where you can learn how to make money as a writer. From publishing novels to blogging to ghostwriting, your skill can earn a good living. Have you recently had a book published that you want to share? Are you already a published author or blogger with good advice for the rest of us? Let me know! This isn’t just a place for me to share my own thoughts, tips, and writing advice. It’s a place for you, as a writer, to share yours, too.
If you’re interested in contributing, contact me here. Marketing your work takes work, and I want to help. This is a community, and we’re in it together.
Okay, now a couple of things about me: I’m a captivated wife to my musician/designer husband and we have a cat-daughter named Black Sabbath. We also have a real daughter who we’re madly in love with! My life goals include publishing plenty of good books, visiting all fifty states, and learning how to rap “Don’t Touch Me” by Busta Rhymes flawlessly. If I’m not writing or reading, you’ll most likely find me watching superhero movies and reruns of old sitcoms with my husband, baby, and cat.
Oh, and I’m constantly searching for the perfect shade of red lipstick.
If I haven’t met you yet, then let’s connect on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or Facebook! Sometimes it’s nice to have a fellow writer to bounce ideas off of or just plain vent to, y’know? Writing is pretty much the best, but it can also be incredibly frustrating. So don’t go it alone.
Happy reading & writing, lady!
- Visit MegBlissBooks.com for more information on my novels, including the With Love series
- Guest blogger for POPSUGAR (September 2017)
- Guest blogger for Small Business Rainmaker (June 2017)
- Featured Monthly Contributor for She Owns It (through June 2017)
- “I Used to Be Confident & Then I Got Married” (Unveiled Wife)
- The Little Universe (first poetry chapbook from dancing girl press)
- “Stillborn” (Inklette) – Nominated for a 2017 Pushcart Prize
- “Don’t Let Them Call You Skinny” (Naugatuck River Review, Issue 14)
- “Strawberry Jam” (Eunoia Review)
- Weekly Finds contributor (One Woman Shop)
- “Tenacity and Turkey Stock” (Mary Jane’s Farm, Oct.-Nov. 2014 issue)
- “After ‘Countess P–‘s Advice to New Girls’ by Natasha Trethewey”, “These Women Are Hungry & Beautiful”, and “This Morning a Clump Of Hair Fell Out and Formed a Treble Clef on the Shower Floor” (Rust+Moth)
- “Barn Cat” (Southern Women’s Review)
- “A Poet’s Guide to a Perfect Evening Out” (What the Fiction)
- “The Illegitimate Conception of a Poem,” “Boy in the Water,” Viajou Na Maionese,” and “Sin Dolor” (A Poetry Congeries via Connotations Press: An Online Artifact)